After the Fire

Lobo Fire, near Nevada City School of the Arts

(Photo taken October 30, 2017)

Living in California means living with wildfires.  For the most part, we've been pretty lucky in this regard here in Nevada County - until recently.  October's McCourtney and Lobo fires have devastated many of our family members, friends, and neighbors.  There are agencies like the American Red Cross (Gold County Region) and the Salvation Army to help take care of us temporarily (offering shelter, toiletries, clothes, and food) but what about the land?  That's where the Nevada County Resource Conservation District can help.  We can offer technical advice on what to do for your land After the Fire.  Below are documents and links to agencies that can help tell you what you need to know to help heal your land.

Agencies Offering Loans, Cost-share Programs, & Technical Assistance

USDA Rural Development (RD)
11661 Blocker Drive, Suite 120
Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 885-6505 ext. 4

USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA)
1521 Butte house Road, Suite A
Yuba City, CA 95993
(530) 671-0850

USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
113 Presley Way, Suite 1
Grass Valley, CA 95945
(530) 272-3417 ext. 5527 or 5532

University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE)
Nevada County Office
255 South Auburn Street (Veterans Memorial Hall)
Grass Valley, CA  95945
(530) 273-4563

Nevada County Office of Emergency Services (OES)
10014 N Bloomfield Road
Nevada City, CA 95959
(530) 265-1515

Nevada County Assessor’s Office
950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 290
Nevada City, CA 95959
(530) 265-1232